Wellness for Warriors in Healthcare
Recharge: Body, Mind and Soul
Simple yoga and mindfulness tips and techniques for stress-reduction and improving wellbeing. Designed for the busy and hectic life of the healthcare worker.
The Wellness for Warriors in Healthcare Program
Developed to raise awareness for the
- importance of self-compassion
- effectiveness of short but consistent mindfulness meditation
- power of energy control and breathwork
- power of affirmations
To stay calm and centered
despite challenging workplace environments, resource shortages, and the stresses of a caregiver’s everyday life.
The Recharge Card™ Set
Serving Those Who Serve Others
The Recharge Card™ Set is made up of 6 two-sided cards with a simple yoga and mindfulness technique per card.
- The card set is fashioned after the reference cards or ID badges worn by healthcare professionals on the job
- Each card addresses a “feeling” and suggests a “remedy” for immediate action
- Full of techniques that can be practiced anywhere and take only a couple of minutes to complete
- Each card includes a QR code that takes one to explainer videos with encouragement to go deeper with our short companion Recharge Course
You can view samples of each card's theme below.
Themes Covered by the Recharge Course & Recharge Card™ Set
“I am even-minded and cheerful at all times. I know that joy is not outside me, but within.” —J. Donald Walters, Affirmations for Self-Healing
- Learn the role of positivity in your ability to stay calm and live with joy
- Practical ways to overcome negative thoughts when they arise
- Learn a powerful prayer for peace and harmony in conflicts or crises
- Use affirmations to change your attitudes, behaviors, and outcomes
- Learn how you can shift the surrounding environment with your positivity
“Conditions are always neutral, it is how we react to them that makes them seem good or bad.” —Paramhansa Yogananda
- Learn about the body-mind connection and how it relates to chronic tension
- Overcome the habit of tension, restlessness, and anxiety
- Practice yoga postures for health and spiritual development
- Learn preparation for deep meditation
- Take control of your energy
“Awareness precedes control.” —Principle of Yoga
- 3Ms for keeping your energy uplifted: Mindfulness, Monitoring, and Magnetism
- Become aware of your energy and where you direct it with your will power
- Notice the levels of your energy throughout the day in order to improve
- The importance of kindness, empathy, and compassion for success
- Techniques to help reduce fatigue, depression, or lack of mental clarity
- How to take calmness with you wherever you go and maintain a sense of calmness for colleagues in stressful situations
“Never think of divine joy as distant from you, and it will be with you always.”—Paramhansa Yogananda
- Learn the purpose of meditation and its proven benefits
- Practice a simple technique to quiet the restless mind
- Discover how breath influences your mind, body, and energy
- Learn the most effective ways to awaken your true potential
- Practice self-compassion and self-care through daily habits such as meditation
“Live each present moment completely and the future will take care of itself. Fully enjoy the wonder and beauty of each instant.” —Paramhansa Yogananda
- Gain tools to prevent healthcare burnout and increase job satisfaction
- Learn how to let go of the day, negativity, and built-up emotions
- Face challenging moments and people in crisis with calmness and courage
- Create a more harmonious environment with coworkers and at home
- Find gratitude in each experience
- Learn positive coping mechanisms
More About the FREE Short Companion Recharge Course
Do you want to find a way to support your colleagues and improve patient care? Prevent burnout? Decrease stress? And improve morale?
Each section of this course expands on the remedies of the Recharge Card Set with:
- guided practice videos
- written explanations
- introspection exercises
- evidence-based research
- and further resources.
The course is flexible—it can be done at your own pace from home, within a weekend.
It focuses on providing simple, yet effective yoga and mindfulness tips and techniques into the daily life of healthcare workers.
Let us support you in achieving these goals.Take FREE Recharge Course
What is mindfulness?
Who is this course for?
What's included in this course?
How will I benefit from taking this course?
How does it serve others when I take this course?
Simon Bedwell is from Australia and has a background as an Intensive Care Paramedic. He has spent the last 5 years working in the private sector teaching respiratory physiology in the areas of ventilation, noninvasive ventilation, and nasal high flow as used in critical care situations. He has been practicing kriya yoga techniques since 2015 and is a certified Ananda meditation teacher. Simon has an interest in the treatment and prevention of Post Traumatic Stress (PTS).
Kalamali Joy M.P.H. is trained in communications, health education programming, and meditation instruction. She enjoys working one-on-one with those seeking success and happiness, and uses her background to help individuals stay motivated to achieve their goals. She has authored the books, The Yoga of Marketing: Inspiration Over Information and The Yoga of Joy: Awakening the Warrior Within. Kalamali enjoys writing more tips for joyful living through her blog at kalamali.com.
Samiran Patel M.D. has worked for the past 11 years as a Pulmonary Critical Care Physician in the Kansas City area. Inspired by the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, he has been regularly practicing Kriya Yoga meditation since 2014. He finds its benefits invaluable for stress management in his professional and personal life. Meditation allows him to adapt to the challenges of an ever-changing healthcare environment.
Allie (Gayatri) Regester has a B.S. from the University of Delaware with a nursing major and concentration in Holistic and Integrative Medicine, as well as Public Health Initiatives. She has since worked as a labor and delivery nurse with high-risk and urban populations. She is also a certified yoga and meditation teacher and believes these scientific techniques can support both healthcare worker and patient well-being--improve health outcomes, and foster more joyful and meaningful lives. Gayatri offers coachings and more at lnk.bio/gayatriaum.
Become a Wellness Ambassador
Together we are building an online space where healthcare professionals can safely support one another's wellbeing. It is vital that there be such a space for building a sense of community and unity during these challenging times.
An Ambassador for Wellness is someone who believes in the benefits of the Wellness for Warriors in Healthcare Program and want to see the whole environment of the workplace improve—from colleagues to patient care—even to home.
Your role as an Ambassador includes:
- Sharing the program and fundraising campaign with your network
- Become a key contact in your organization or work place
- Help organize and promote seminars
- Participating in feedback throughout the program
- Communicating within forums
Together we can be a part of the solution and become the change we want to see in the healthcare system and workplaces around the world.Become an Ambassador
Sponsored by Crystal Clarity Publishers
Crystal Clarity Publishers (CCP) is dedicated to helping individuals expand their awareness and apply the universal principles of yoga to every facet of life:
- and spirituality.
CCP's offerings are based on the spiritual teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda and Swami Kriyananda, founder of the global spiritual organization Ananda, dedicated to Self-realization.
Ananda in Los Angeles is home to Crystal Clarity Publishers.Learn More